Welcome to The Learning Center for the Deaf!
For more than 50 years, TLC has been proud to be a Pioneer and Leader in Deaf education and services. Nestled in central Massachusetts, we service more than 2,000 deaf and hard of hearing children and individuals across the state (and beyond), and support more than 60 school districts.
We recently completed our new strategic plan and, over the next three years, we are committed to focusing on a number of organizational objectives. Using our strengths and accomplishments over the past 50+ years, we will continue to build TLC as a Center of Excellence for Deaf education and services to ensure that all deaf and hard of hearing children and adults thrive by having the knowledge, opportunity and power to design the future of their choice.
We Value Your Opinion! If you have any feedback about our Strategic Plan, or about other opportunities to continue to grow our programs and services, we want to know. Please complete our Community Feedback Form; all your responses are sent directly to me and I will follow up as requested.
Thanks to your support, and the continued growth of TLC, this past year we have been able to celebrate many notable achievements, including:
- Therapeutic Regulation Rooms for Walden School students to support natural ways of regulating physical, mental and emotional spaces;
- Our Audiology Clinic, voted 2022 Best of MetroWest, was certified as a Newborn Hearing Screening Provider, and added 3-D ear scanning technology;
- Several national placements for Marie Philip and Walden School students, including ranking second in the Academic Bowl tournament; champions in Girls Division 1 Volleyball, and ESDAA undefeated champions and NDIAA Team of the Year for Boys Varstiy Soccer;
- Significant expansion of our immersive Community ASL Classes;
- Presentations from our expert clinical staff at the ADARA National Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico;
- Participation from our middle and high school students in a coding workshop;
- Successful re-accreditation from both NEASC and CEASD
When I consider all that has been accomplished at The Learning Center for the Deaf (TLC), and our hopes and dreams for the future, I am reminded of the words of Ruth Bader Ginsburg: “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.” I want to thank you for being a part of that change.
We invite you, at any time, to tour our campus, meet our staff, and learn about our programs. Please contact us for more information!
Sarah Glenn-Smith, MBA, PhD
Chief Executive Officer