Dear TLC Community,
As another full year comes to a close, I am grateful to reflect on the tremendous success at The Learning Center for the Deaf:
- Our schools achieved three ESDAA Division 1 Championships in Basketball, Soccer and Volleyball;
- Our Public School Partnership Program has blossomed to support more than 90 school districts across the Commonwealth;
- Walden Community Services has taken tremendous steps toward opening a new outpatient mental health clinic;
- MPS students earning a spot in the Gallaudet Academic Bowl Championship;
- Expanding our ASL Classes in both instructors and class sessions, exponentially increasing our opportunities to connect with our community;
- Welcoming more than 350 new patients to our Audiology Clinic;
- A successful Casino Night ignited a new passion in blending fun and fundraising - stay tuned for another brilliant event in 2024!
I remain humbled and delighted to be in this role, engaging in the deep work of setting up a culture of inclusion, welcoming, and excellence in Deaf education and services. My days are filled with meeting inspiring people, engaging in thoughtful strategic conversations, and poring over spreadsheets (I happen to love a good spreadsheet!)
We Value Your Opinion! If you have any feedback about our Strategic Plan, or about other opportunities to continue to grow our programs and services, we want to know. Please complete our Community Feedback Form; all your responses are sent directly to me and I will follow up as requested.
We invite you, at any time, to tour our campus, meet our staff, and learn about our programs. Please contact us for more information!
Sarah Glenn-Smith, MBA, PhD
Chief Executive Officer